Amanda needed to go to the Chihuly Collection in St Pete today to film footage for the final that she is giving to her students next week, so I decided to tag along since it has been a few years since I have been. It’s a beautiful collection and I highly recommend a visit if you are in St. Pete. I’ve added a few of my favorite photos from today.
If you have been reading blogs before Instagram and TikTok took over, you may remember when Carole over at Carole Knits hosted a Ten on Tuesday. I think she still does something similar, but not as often. Anyway, I thought I’d dust off that tradition and try out a Ten on Tuesday. Today’s list is Ten of my favorite things about the Holiday Season.
- Christmas lights!
- Cooler weather means lower electric bill. (I’m in Florida, I’ll take what I can get!)
- Being able to wear long sleeves.
- Christmas decor.
- Hallmark Christmas movies! (My family makes fun of me, but I think they secretly like them)
- Being able to read for pleasure. Currently grad school takes up that free time.
- Starbucks holiday drinks (Well, not the last two years since they discontinued my fave…gingerbread latte.)
- Holiday Break
- Homemade Christmas Candy. (I like to make my Great-great Aunt’s Heavenly Hash candy)
What are your ten favorite Christmas or Holiday things?
This morning I woke up to a rather foggy morning here in Florida. The closer I got to the river, the thicker the fog got. This above photo was taken on campus about 6:15 this morning. Yes, I was already at work. I needed to get a head start today. Anyway, our TSA kiddos came in this morning to check in and to test their bridge to see how much weight it would hold. They built it yesterday, had to let it cure and then tested it this morning. They are prepping for our state competition in February. Speaking of which, some of the weekend will be spent on registering for that event and working on a parent letter home.
After school I had an amazing facial that just made my whole month. I’ve been going to Elizabeth for a couple of years and she is awesome and such a wonderful place. Tomorrow is an early morning photoshoot at the beach and then I have some things to do around here, including cleaning out my closet. Doesn’t that sound like fun? Hope your weekend is amazing!
Now more than ever it is important to get your annual flu shot. CVS (and other places) offer free flu shots and often gives you a shopping reward. Publix gives you a $10 gift card with your flu shot. I was in and out in less than 20 minute. I was picking up a prescription anyway so I just got mine while I was there anyway.
It was a rainy Saturday here in Florida, the results of a tropical depression on the other side of the Gulf. With all the craziness going on I think we have forgotten that we are still in the middle of hurricane season. Idunn kept me company while I worked on an assignment that I have due on Monday. It’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow and most of the week. The upside is that it should be cooler.
I love taking sunrise photos over our stadium. Most of the time they are pink and orange but this has been a favorite recently. I took this the morning after an overnight rainstorm.
Well that wasn’t planned. This week turned into the week where I had something every day in the evening. Tuesday, both JV and Varsity Boys Basketball had their first games against our cross county rivals, Palmetto High School. I teach two boys on the JV team and they kept dropping hints that they wanted me to come, so finally I asked them if that is what they wanted and they both said YES. I ran home, changed clothes and drove back to school for the six o’clock game. Michel saw me and came running up to me and said “Thank you for coming!” So sweet! My former paraprofessional is now the coach and I got to see him too. He was so nervous but the team did great! They got out too hot and got up 20 points, but then struggled in the second half. With two seconds to go, we were up up by just a point, and Michel had to make two free throws! He made both of them to secure our win! Afterwards, I saw him and he told him how proud I was of him and he said “I was so scared!
I told him that no one could tell and that he must have nerves of steel and that seemed to make him feel better. Poor guy. Here’a few photo from that night. One is during the warm up and the other two are my boys.
Tonight is a game with our big rival, Bayshore and I’m going to go because my varsity player asked me if I was going, which is code for “I’d really like you to come.”
Wednesday night was an open house for perspective students so that meant that I had to be here with my TSA chapter, so that was another long day, and last night I had my haircolor refreshed. I’ll post a photo of that later. This weekend is pretty low-key. I have a photoshoot on Sunday, but tomorrow will be spent editing two sessions and maybe doing a little Christmas shopping. I also will remake the Heavenly Hash and maybe some pralines. Stay tuned.
I guess I don’t have enough to do so I thought, hey why not. It’s been nearly a year since my last post and I am in what one might call a ‘slump’. I’m so busy with everything at work that I feel like I have forgotten what it is like to be creative. I”m hoping that this will jumpstart my writing again and this will also be interesting because I will be traveling twice this month, so that might be a challenge getting posts up. What is that challenge? Well, the challenge is to blog every day for a month. Thirty-one posts in one month when I haven’t blogged since November 10th-ish of last year. I’m trying to plan the next week of posts, so if there is anything you’d like to read, drop me a comment.
1)Sometimes I have too much to do and then I freeze and procrastinate and then panic to get everything done. I think maybe it has something to do with working under a deadline for so many years.
2) I used to hold my tongue and not speak up when I thought people were being ridiculous. I’ve gotten over that.
3) Most of the time, I like my dogs better than people.
4) I’d love to experience a real Fall and a real winter so I don’t feel like me knitting stuff is an exercise in futility.
5) I would love to take a month off, go to the mountains with books, knitting, my camera and my writing. (alone, well, maybe I’ll take Bacchus…Amanda wouldn’t let me take Idunn)
6) Maybe for #5, I’ll go to Scotland instead.
7) Bacchus would need a sweater. I’d have to knit him one or five.
8) And booties.
9) I miss my family in Louisiana. All the time.
10) I watch too much Bravo Tv.
11) I wish I was still writing as much as I used to.
12) I’m really not liking my job this year. I loved it last year, and this year I feel so out of my element that I hate going to work some days.
13) The only thing getting me through this year is working with my TSA kids.
14) I’ll be 45 on my next birthday, and for some reason, that is starting to bother me.
15) I drink too much tea. (well, how much is too much, really?)
16) I’m in desperate need of a manicure.
17) Mariah Carey is annoying.
18) I really need to more organized. I think it would help my feeling of always barely treading water.
19) I need to learn to say NO
20) My favorite meal is my mom’s roast, rice and gravy, blackeye peas and cornbread.
This was all train of thought, and that is a tad scary. lol Feel free to share 20 random things in your post.